Welcome to the DIY / Recipes Section of Me, Myself and Jen! I do not consider myself a “professional” DIY blogger by any stretch of the imagination. I am more of a Do-It-Yourself Hobbier! As a frugal mother with two small daughters at home, finding craft projects, easy recipes and ways to decorate or renovate my home that don’t cost me an arm and a leg are high on my priority list.
Things you should know about me:
- I don’t think I’m very crafty but I seem to have a knack for craft projects.
- I absolutely love to paint and redecorate my home, but I am seriously frugal. Like double coupons from the clearance rack with cash that I earned consigning stuff I no longer use. That kind of frugal. Although I have been known to occasionally splurge on something when THE EXACT thing I’ve been looking for seems to present itself at my feet.
- I am not the world’s greatest cook. There are days I can barely boil water. My kids do an awesome job of eating whatever I put in front of them, despite what it looks like. With a smile on their face. Gosh, I love them!
- I just bought a new home (a townhouse) and I plan on redecorating pretty much every single room in it. The previous owners had great taste – I just want to make it my own.
- My youngest child has a sugar intolerance. What this means is that her body doesn’t process sugar very well so we have her on a restricted diet. Anything that I cook or bring in to the house to eat falls on the low-sugar spectrum. Things that are listed as sugar free usually contain sugar alcohol or artificial sugar and those are no-no’s too.
Get a feel for who I am? Fantastic! In this section of Me, Myself and Jen, you will find the following kinds of posts:
There are times where I will try to be creative and inventive when it comes to dinner. It’s the meal I struggle most with when it comes to variety. If you click HERE, you’ll be taken to all of the posts related to recipes that I’ve put together and fed my kids along with struggles and successes we have had with the low-sugar diet. (Disclosure: a few of these posts were sponsored campaigns for brands). This Biscuit Top Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite dinners to cook for the kids!
If you are looking for some original craft posts of things that I have designed myself (like the Custom French Picture Boards), my own personal twists on kids crafts or ways to decorate, as well as holiday crafts, you should start HERE. I’ll warn you – there is a pretty entertaining post about a holiday craft project that DIDN’T get finished! (I’ll save you poking around and just tell you that it’s right HERE.)
Now these are the biggies so there aren’t too many of them yet (but there’s certainly more to come!) HERE you will find room redecorating and things that have been done on a larger scale – over and above a craft project – that may or may not have involved painting walls. Stay tuned here – there will definitely be more to come with the new home!
Thank you so much for stopping by the DIY / Recipes Section of Me, Myself and Jen. Do you have a product or brand that would be a good fit with my Crafty-Foodie-Decorating self? I’m looking for opportunities to work with brands and companies in the healthy food and grocery, decorating/paint and home furnishings industries. If you think we would be a good match and would like more information about working with Me, Myself and Jen on a sponsored campaign, product review or advertising, please contact me at Jennifer(at)memyselfandjen(dot)com.